Monday, September 15, 2014

Pinot's Palette Painting Party

A year or so ago, a little place in Granary Square opened up called "Pinot's Palette," an art studio where you take a guided painting class, with wine on the side.

It looked like a perfect place for "moms' nights out," and over the months I've seen lots of friends post their creations on Facebook at such gatherings.  My mom has made one, as well, and it looks very nice in her living room.

I can't say I was all that interested in doing one, because a)  it'snot cheap, and b) I have no artistic talent.

But, a few weeks ago my friend Christina posted an upcoming painting event on Facebook, and I really liked this painting. It looked simple, for starters. Since Stace and I are redoing our bedroom, it seemed like a good chance for me to be creative and see what all the fuss is about.

Sunday afternoon was our appointed time, and it was nice to be out with the ladies with a glass of wine.

We were given a white canvas and a paper plate with four colors, which could be mixed to create the colors used in the sample painting. Or, one of the art instructors would come around with other paints so you can create custom colors for your own decor.

Applying the background paint was fun, but it got more serious when I had to make the branches.

We watched the instructor paint, one step at a time, and then mixed our colors and went for it. No outlining with pencil, no projected shadow - just me and a fine paintbrush. Who'd have ever thought I'd do this?


















Making the birds was a little nerve-wracking, but eventually I was pleased with them. I created a blue (for the birds) and green (for the leaves) that coordinate with our bedroom colors.

Here's my little group and our finished masterpieces. Such fun! I'm not certain I'd do it again, only because our home lacks for blank wall space. But you never know; I definitely had a great time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Can't wait to see your bedroom finished. Auntie P

Anonymous said...

I think it looks very good Lisa, very effective ,i bet it looks good on your bedroom wall .Well Done. Lots of Love Sue.xxxxxxxx