The destination would be a surprise, but I should bring clothes for warmer weather, cooler weather, swimming and exercising. Stace had already gathered most of our things, including snacks and reading material.
Our 11th anniversary had gone by two weeks ago, with Stace telling me not to worry about it - he was taking care of things. The day itself was a nice (but rather normal) family day, but I remembered him saying that I shouldn't worry about things, so I didn't mind the lack of candlelit romance.
Still, I wasn't expecting an entire weekend away together! What a fun surprise! Once we pulled off the highway, I figured out where were going - the Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach Resort. Resort is the right word, with the Pacific Ocean just steps away from the back gate, not far from a gorgeous pool area.
One of the treats of staying at any Embassy Suites is the evening reception, with free drinks and snacks.
On Friday evening, after unpacking, we got in line for our pre-dinner drinks. This was my Long Island Iced Tea, with the faintest splash of cola.
In the morning, we enjoyed another Embassy Suites benefit - the cooked-to-order breakfast, with just about anything you could ever want for breakfast.
Since it was a cloudy morning in Oxnard, we took a long walk down the beach, and back along the Oxnard marina. We were out for nearly two hours.
We got back to the resort in time for happy hour, and this time took our drinks out to watch the sunset. What a perfect moment, shared with the man I've loved these 11-plus years.
On Sunday, after another big breakfast, we used the hotel's gym and then got ready to check out.
We were able to get a different key card after checking out, so we could stay and use the pool and beach gate.
Then we needed to get back home to our girls. We missed them!
But what a great couple of days we had, to rest, reconnect and recharge our batteries. Thanks, Stacey, for a beautiful weekend.
4 comments:
Wow! What a beautiful resort.Good job Stace on picking this out! So glad you both enjoyed your weekend! Love Mom and Dad
What a Lovely surprise Lisa, very romantic for both of you ,so glad you had a lovely time.Speak to you soon.
Love you all Lots big kisses for the girls.Mum and Dad xxxxxxxxxxxx.
Bloody good job, Stace! Glad you and Lisa had some time to yourselves. Congratulations! 11 years -- unbelievable. We love you both, dearly. Uncle Bill & Aunt Patty
Very cool! Rob said he knew about it! We have always wanted to stay there! Maybe your hubby can give my hubby some lessons? Happy Belated anniversary!
Post a Comment