We went to the library, which was hosting a Lego-building event. While David worked on homework and chose a book for a report, the younger three had some fun building.

Stace met us there, and I left to go set up the church fellowship hall for our first Mom2Mom meeting of the year.
The meeting Tuesday went very well, and it was so gratifying to see over a dozen new mamas in attendance. After a few years of rebuilding, the hard work of my friends Colleen and Morgan is really paying off.
This year, like last year, I'm in charge of organizing who is bringing our potluck-style breakfast.
We had so much fun together, several of us decided to have lunch together.
Now, we don't have smart phones or iPads, so my girls aren't usually playing games at restaurants. But, in a time like this, it was very nice to have the preschoolers at a table next to ours, happily and quietly entertained while we chatted.
On Wednesday we had the first Pioneer Club meeting of the year. Cora is in her second year of Voyagers, and Violet has moved up to the Scooters class.
Both girls were excited and happy to return, which made me and Stace glad. Violet was thrilled to get to take Skippy home the very first week.
On Thursday, my friend Christina came over with her girls for a short after-school playdate.
While the girls made smoothies and played, she and I looked at my bedroom for ideas for our makeover. She and I are doing a painting class this weekend, so I wanted her advice for colors I could choose for my painting, since I want to put it in our bedroom.
Cora has been on a smoothie-making kick in recent weeks, making them for us and her friends and wanting to pour them into jars to drink out of. Genia's influence, perhaps?
No comments:
Post a Comment