Monday, April 20, 2026

Weekend Work and Play

Melanie had her biggest wedding of the year on Saturday, and Stace, Violet and I helped. 
The wedding was at a Simi Valley venue we've worked at before, but this time it was only warm, not hot, so that was a blessing.
All done!
Stace worked on hanging the blue trumpet flowers. 
I loved this venue, more than the super fancy beachy venues we've helped at. (Not that this wasn't equally fancy or expensive...just more to my taste with old world charm.)

On Sunday, Stace and I went to the annual Cowboy Festival, and made sure we saw more music than we have been able to watch the last few years.
In the vendor area, we watched this artist burning a design into a hat. Violet would have enjoyed that.

Below, we have part of the living history area.
A new corner of the festival at Hart Park featured the Western town set Violet and I saw during a Halloween event in Newhall. It was a perfect addition, and many people were taking photos. This was one of the great things about former festival host Melody Ranch: you were walking around a replica Old West town.
Also over the weekend, I saw two plays with Christina. We saw an amazing musical called Ride the Cyclone on Friday night, and a psychological thriller called Wait Until Dark on Sunday, after the Cowboy Festival. Both were great!

No comments: