When we decided to go to Joshua Tree, Violet began asking if we could incorporate a trail ride into the trip.
I suggested she research it for us, and she found Cascade Trails Mustang Sanctuary, which has about 30 horses, lots of goats and chickens and a half-dozen dogs who serve as guardians.
When we looked at their site, we found they also offer a couple of glamping-style tents. Since Vi loves animals and the idea of ranching, I knew she'd love to wake up with horses in view and goats to feed and pet.
I'd already booked another place, but it was easy to cancel and book with Cascade Trails. And, we got a hefty discount on the trail ride by booking a package!
We arrived at the ranch Wednesday evening and moved into the tent, and checked in for our ride. It was us, the guide, and four ladies in California from England. They were university friends, all celebrating their 30th birthdays this year. We enjoyed chatting with them.It was about a three-mile ride, and all went smoothly. Our horses were great, and our guide was very friendly and knowledgeable.
Our guide took these photos, and since Stace was directly behind her, he was featured prominently. My only trouble horse-riding like this, on an easy trail ride, is that my right leg/knee seems to bend the wrong way, and it gets really sore after a while. I kept giving that leg breaks from the stirrup to change the angle.
It was a beautiful desert evening, with perfect spring weather.




No comments:
Post a Comment