Monday, December 18, 2017

Return to Vasquez Rocks

      After we had Cooper over to play, I wanted to have him over again so we could go to Vasquez Rocks, an amazing place for outdoor rock climbing.  Cooper and I climbed every rock we could see (which was a lot of rocks!).

Dad tried to play it cool with his flat cap and hot shades. But Violet here, was having none of it. LOL!
Cooper and I climbed up a big, unusually shaped boulder and rested a little.
As you can see, we went up pretty high, as my mom was on the ground taking this photo. It was no easy rock climb though, we had to dig our shoes into the hollow rock to cling to the face of the stone to avoid being blown off the rock.
Mom, Dad, and Violet went  the easy way after we agreed to meet in a valley close-ish. Cooper and I scaled boulders while Mom, Violet, and Dad walked on the plain old boring ground!
But, while we went out adventuring, Violet and Mom discovered a shallow cave that was the biggest that we had seen all day, as there were a few small ones along the way, which we had explored to see if they went any deeper.

When Cooper and I met up with my parents and Violet, I went to go see the cave, and I reckoned that Native Americans could have lived in it.We went pretty darn high up too!

After we finished Vasquez Rocks we went to Dunkin Donuts and enjoyed a donut ( and in Mom's case, gross coffee.) Then, we quickly stopped at In and Out to get burgers. We then headed home to watch a movie and play outside. I sure had a great day!

No comments: