I've met up a few times with other school volunteer friends to count pledges for the school's fundraiser run. And both girls had their holiday parties, which I was happy to help with.
At Cora's party on Thursday, the children decorate cookies - you can see that Cora had a careful plan that she stuck to. She didn't eat her cookie, instead giving it to me as a present.
The fifth-graders also made cards and an adorable reindeer craft.
Violet's class on Friday decorated ornaments with stickers during the holiday party.
Violet's class also decorated cookies - I think Violet's plan was to dump as many green sprinkles on as possible. She then ate it all. Yum.
I snuck out of Vi's party during a lull, to spy on Cora during her recess break. She and the boy in red were playing tether ball for a good 10 minutes, with neither "winning" or "losing," while a long line of boys patiently waited their turn.
Cora said later the boy didn't understand the rules and should have been out many times. Finally, Beau and Cooper took charge and Cora and the boy sat out. I found it amusing that in this one moment in time that I happened to observe recess, Cora was right in the middle of the action.
Also this week, Cora's Pioneer Club class had a bake sale after club to benefit a charity that helps children caught in slavery.





No comments:
Post a Comment