After the ear-piercing extravaganza, I took Violet to the school's family dance. Cora had no interest in going, but Violet had a ball. She is a dancing princess! And she loved showing off her new earrings.


Saturday night was a Mom2Mom couples bowling night - since we had a "couple" of parents staying with us, we took them along. All of our friends had a great time with Sue and Gord.
On Sunday, after visiting the trains, Nan and Pop hopped on a plane for a short trip to Las Vegas. They loved using small Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, and had a great trip. Besides the thrills of Vegas, they took a day trip to the Grand Canyon.
Cora used some of her birthday money on a school for her Calico Critters. She found a great deal at Toys R Us and had a coupon, too.
I'm thrilled that at 10, she still loves these adorable, high-quality playthings.
Tuesday was Valentine's Day, and I got to help with both girls' parties.
For Cora, I went in early to help with the food, but I wasn't there for the actual party. Mrs. Shafarman doesn't often require parent help.
Instead, at the same time as Cora's party, I went into Violet's class. I led the first-graders in making Valentine's cards for their families.
The firsties then played tic-tac-toe with conversation hearts on graham crackers.
Earlier in the day, when their kinder classmates were still in school (they get out an hour earlier than the rest of the school), they exchanged valentines.
On Wednesday, Cora had her 10-year well check. She's doing well! Her weight and height (52 1/2 inches) put her in the 25th percentile of both categories.




1 comment:
We had a great night your friends are lovely people and we enjoyed ourselves.love you lots Mum and Dad .xxxxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment