The Central Coast is well known for its wineries all over Paso Robles, and we could scarcely come up here and not hit at least one!
I asked around and got a couple of suggestions, and on Monday, our first stop after leaving San Simeon was at Tooth and Nail. This lovely place was the first I've been to where I actually loved the wine, and would have bought several bottles if they weren't at winery prices.
Instead, Sue and I contented ourselves with one bottle each.
Meanwhile Stace, Gord and the girls entertained themselves by the fire.
Our next stop featured underground wine caves and a grassy area for the girls to run around.
Eberle Winery was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed the wines, too.
We took a couple of hours to see San Luis Obispo, where we had lunch and walked around the mission complex.
Like all California fourth-graders, Cora is learning about the state's missions this year. We also stopped by the Ventura and Santa Barbara missions on this little trip.
Both girls excitedly pointed out the bells whenever we saw them. As a sign of the missions, we saw them quite often on this trip.
It was a great time, despite the rain, with lots of good memories for us all.








1 comment:
Some more lovely memories ,(yes and even the visit's to the winery,:) Brilliant ). Love you all Lots Mum and Dad xxxxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment