Peekaboo is still a favorite game of Cora's, and I've found it to be a good distraction when it's diaper-changing time. She is getting better at hiding her face with her hands, as you can see here:
She also still loves dancing, though this isn't the best example of that.
Other Cora tidbits: for the past few days she's been busy practicing sitting up, from the lying down position. When on her tummy, she scoots backwards and then tucks her legs up and under her, pushes back, and voila, she's sitting.
She also likes to wave at me, when I come to get her out of her carseat. As soon as I open the car door, she's waving away, sometimes with a big smile on her face, and other times with a serious expression. It's still hit-or-miss whether she'll wave at new people, when we encourage her to.
On Wednesday I took Cora into the doctor's office for a quick weight check. She was 18 pounds, 5 ounces, just one ounce bigger than she was at her 9-month appointment. She's gained 3/4 of an inch, to 28 3/4 inches long. The doctor looked at her chart, and knowing how "big" Stace and I are, said she is probably just fine. She is burning calories with all this crawling/scooting!
Stace said I should mention the yummy, healthy quiche I made tonight. He loves it when I make quiche, but the fat is of course in the crust. I used whole wheat couscous, mixed with some egg white, and pressed it into the pie plate. I also used the carton egg white mix, instead of whole eggs with their yolks. Tomatoes, onion, ham and cheese comprised the filling. Stace loved it, and had nearly half of it himself. We enjoyed dinner after a walk - Cora and I met Stace partway as he was on his bike ride home. It's a good life.
3 comments:
Great dancing cora brilliant finale, chelsea loves playing peek a boo with a computer screen now
I thought I should add, Chelsea, that Cora LOVES watching video of herself. We watched the one on this entry probably five times, with Cora giggling each time.
Glad Cora got on well at the doc's, she's just the right size, love the dancing Cora , your'e a lovely girl and we love you very much, Mum and Dad aswell . speak to you soon .Nan and Pop .xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment