Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Bananas and toy boxes

Here's some photos of Cora having "dinner" tonight, on her 11-month birthday.
Stace and I were having leftover Mexican lasagna (from this great recipe on my friend Sophia's Web site - I highly recommend it!), but it wasn't something Cora could have. I got out the yogurt and a banana, planning to give her chunks of it, and before I knew it Stace had given it to her like this. She liked it, as you can see, though I had to stop her from eating the skin and stem a couple of times.
The third photo shows Cora's method of eating yogurt. She likes to open her mouth for me to spoon it in, and then help push it further into her mouth with her hand. It makes for messy eating, with yogurt all over her hands.
We've been busy getting caught up with our friends this week, in person and on the phone. Today (Wednesday) we had lunch with our friends, Elissa and baby Harvey. They're Stroller Striders and also go to Real Life Church, where we've been going since August or so. On Thursday we plan to see Christy and William in the day, and then have dinner with Sarah (another Stroller Strider) and her husband and son.
In other Cora news, in time for her 11-month day, Cora said her first definite word. On Tuesday, we went into the mall pet store to look at the puppies. When we got inside, in view of the dogs, Cora clearly said "doggie." Quite the big moment! Also, she seems to have learned to sit up, from the lying-down position. After a nap today I found her sitting up. Time to get that crib mattress lowered!
Stace has been busy this week constructing his toy box after work - er, I mean Cora's toy box. It's really taking shape, and Somer, the construction foreman, approves.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful looking toy box. Does Somer know it's not hers? Grandma Wahla says it's time for banana cookies!

Anonymous said...

The box is very nice Stace, Cora is growing up fast We love you all Mum and Dad .xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

partridge family said...

We also have a little girl who loves her bananas you think yogurt is messy wait to you try choc cake or trifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

partridge family said...

You should be at work Sue not playing on the computer

Anonymous said...

Where is the hard hat on the construction supervisor?

SomersetJen said...

Ah, bananas. Yum yum! Cool toy box. Looks massive!

Anonymous said...

Us part timers get to do these things Dunc,:)Hope your'e all ok,Loved seeing you . Take care, Love Sue and Gord. xxx