Tuesday, February 10, 2026

Tidbits

On Sunday, we watched church online at home, and then went to Mel and Nick's new apartment to help them. Stace put up lots of curtain rods, while Violet put up a stick-on tile backsplash in the kitchen, and wallpaper in the bathroom. I did lots of moving of boxes. 


Monday was Cora's 19th birthday! We decorated the house, had gifts laid out, and sent her off to college for her first day of the spring semester. 

Then, I met my Dad at Costco and was very excited to find these Heinz "British Recipe" baked beans. I've never seen these here - usually we have to buy English style Heinz beans at import stores, at import prices. These cases were $8 for six cans, a steal!

Violet and I got Teacision, and the gal behind the counter wrote a special note to Cora. Ha!! 

We got Stone Fire for dinner and she opened her gifts, and then went to college theatre rehearsal.

The American College Theatre Festival began the next day, so Cora didn't feel great on Monday, with all the nerves. We'll celebrate later, when she can relax and enjoy it more.
In the photo, she opened Violet's gift - a stained glass piece representing her character in D&D. They hugged, but I wasn't ready with the camera, and they refused to recreate the moment. Cora isn't much for hugs, so it's a real treasure to get one.
Later Monday, Violet began working on an oil pastel portrait.
I was in awe Tuesday when I saw it. 
She also has been busy on her lino cuts. Here's a javelina, and below we have a prairie chicken. Also, a desert scene in glass.

We have been on an "All Creatures Great & Small" kick since Uncle Bill and Aunt Patty introduced it to us. And, our library has it!
This little guy planted itself by the nectarine tree, and I just have to let it stay! So bright and cheeful.

No comments: