Sunday, February 08, 2026

Cats, Bread and Candles

Ever feel like someone is watching you?

(I was reading my devo with my coffee in bed, and SOMEONE wanted me to put water in the sink for him to drink.)

This week, I helped out Melanie and Nick a couple of times. They're moving! They're leaving their apartment in Glendale for greener pastures in Montrose, and I couldn't be happier. It's a great apartment, plus it's 15 minutes closer to us! 


I also milled flour and made sourdough and regular wheat sandwich bread. I also made oatmeal cake and sourdough blueberry muffins. Baking machine here!

Tiffany, Melissa and I have gotten back into walking together in the mornings, at least once or twice a week. We met up once this week at Honu, for the last time. Saturday was their closing day.

After we finished our coffee, we went to Barn and Charm to get a hostess gift for our friend Liz, who had us over for a party Saturday night.
Stace had to work Saturday morning, but only for a couple of hours. I met him at the Porsche dealer for their monthly car show, and dropped Violet off to him. Later, we went together to Acton to DeBellis farm, where they had a vendor selling barbecue, along with the the other farm shop goods. 
Liz had us all over later in the day for a candle-making party. It was great! We got to catch up, smell nice smells, and create a custom candle. Here, I'm stirring my chosen scents - lemongrass and eucalyptus - into the hot wax.
Liz knows how to throw a great party. She loves Valentine's Day and was happy to decorate for it.



No comments: