Friday, October 10, 2025

Week in Review

 On Sunday evening, while Cora was at work, we went to the archery range again. This time, Stace let Violet drive once we got on the dirt road.


On our way home, we stopped at my Dad's house, where he fed us pizza and Stace helped him open a locked box.

On Wednesday, I picked up Ellie from her school and stayed with her for a bit, so her mom and dad could go to a museum. We had fun, and Ellie, being very outgoing, introduced me to everyone she knew. So cute!
Later that night, the three of us continued watching Tales from the Green Valley. It's the first in the series of BBC historical farming shows we've enjoyed over the last few years. This one has the presenters living farm life circa 1620.

When I got home, the cats were very interested to see what I had in the bag.

Speaking of very interested - I can't eat my oatmeal cake without Winston demanding I share it. He's so weird. I give him tiny bites so he can munch without putting his mouth on my breakfast.



Also this week, Violet and I took a sunset walk at Quigley, and spotted four deer, a big group of vultures on the ground in the field, and two great horned owls! I was very sad to not have one of our real cameras handy. In this photo, the owl is in the center, and at one point, two owls were together on this electric pole. I could see them so clearly, but the phone camera in such low light was rubbish.
Still, a very cool nature walk!
On Friday, Havana Savannah had a lunchtime deal where they sold their pizzas for $6.95 each. The line took forever - good thing Cora was home to pick up Violet before she went to work. But, they are good pizzas, especially at that price!

No comments: