On Friday night, I was on my way to take Violet to the opening of an art exhibit at City Hall, when Cora called to say she was ready to be picked up from D&D. So, Cora got to go too, and after, we went to the mall to spend some free reward dollars at Loft and get Chick Fil A.
On Saturday evening, Stace and I took Violet to an art gallery in Newhall, with a lovely grand opening of an exhibit called 661, featuring local subject matter. Here, you can see Vi looking at a piece with Vasquez Rocks.
Later Saturday evening, Stace and I went to a neat candlelit performance by four strings musicians, playing pieces from Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. My friend Christina, along with Cami and Melanie, joined us, on her birthday.
Sunday was a rainy day. We wished Dean a happy birthday and got his opinion on our room project. In the evening, Stace and I watched the classic All About Eve.
On Monday, after Cora had her vocal lesson, we went to Runway Fashion Exchange to look for clothing for her upcoming Shakespeare piece. Luckily, we found all we were looking for - brown leather pants that fit her perfectly, and some awesome tall brown leather boots.
On Tuesday, Violet and I found a new hiking trail near her school, or at least one we haven't used in a number of years.It was a glorious morning!
Changing Violet's school situation seems like the right move. She is much more content, and she loves taking nature walks with me for her PE log. Also this week, she had her last appointment with Paula, a counselor I knew from our church. She has more tools in her toolbox to deal with anxiety now.






No comments:
Post a Comment