Friday, July 22, 2016

Magical Day

The girls both earned free tickets to Magic Mountain through reading, and since they expire soon, I took the girls Thursday after ice skating camp.

We weren't about to let a little think like a high of 106 deter us! Oh no, we are tough. Thankfully, Violet is just now tall enough for some of the grownup water rides, and as it got later, the temps cooled off enough to enjoy ourselves.

While we walked across the park to meet Grandma, who had just finished her shift, I turned to catch the girls being sweet. Right in the act!
(I do not know why Cora's leg looks like it's muddy. It was not.)


We all went on Jet Stream, and got a bit wet. Then we went on Roaring Rapids, seen here, and got absolutely soaked. Cora wore tennis shoes and they were sloshing about on the floor of the raft.

But, with the heat, it felt great!
Violet was also tall enough to try out Ninja for the first time. Though she's putting on her scared face, she loved the ride and wanted to do it again.
Mom had been awarded a free funnel cake after a guest complimented her as Mrs. Claus last year. She used her coupon with us, and we all shared a gigantic strawberry sundae funnel cake.

Then we split up, and Grandma took Violet to Bugs Bunny World and Cora and I went on Twisted Colossus, our favorite ride.
We closed the park down, leaving at 9:30. What a fun evening!

No comments: