Cora and I had a week with a lot of one-on-one time while Vi was at VBS. On Tuesday morning, we went to our church's cool coffeehouse with a gift card. I took with us a couple of gratitude journals my sweet friend Michelle gave us.
Cora picked out a croissant for her treat, while I had a chai latte. We did our gratitude entries, and I flipped through the Hawaii guide book. We're getting ready for our next summer trip at the end of the month!
Later on Tuesday, Sophia came over to play. The girls did craft projects, played with Stace's old Star Wars toys, and sang VBS songs together.
Cora ended up going home with Sophia and having a sleepover.
On Thursday morning, I took Cora in to the bank to open up her own savings account. She's been doing paid chores for over five years now, and in her "savings" envelope at home she had accrued $120. We deposited that amount in the bank, in her own account. Big day!
We then went to the orthodontist - Cora finally lost the tooth on the top we've been waiting on, Wednesday night on the way home from Disneyland with Grandma and Grandpa.
We started the orthodontia process Thursday, with little spacers in between two top molars. Next week she'll have metal bands put around those teeth, and the following week she'll have the expander put in. Then, in a few more weeks, braces on the top teeth. And later again, head gear. Poor girl. I was so very proud of her - she handled the news like a pro, though I could see by her face she was worried.
On Friday morning, while Violet was at VBS, Cora and I went roller-blading. It's fun doing big-girl things with my big girl! This is something she mentioned weeks ago when we were thinking ahead to our time together.
Not to say that Cora had all the fun! While she was at her sleepover, Stace and I took Violet out for ice cream.
Violet also had fun making a cat toy for Spencer.







1 comment:
Glad you have settled back now ,it looks as if you've all had a good week, WELL DONE for going to the Dentist and getting your teeth sorted out Cora ,it's better to do it now while your'e young. It's a nerve racking time for you and we know you can do it. Love you all Lots Nan and Pop xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment