Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My little princess

Hard to believe that two years ago, Cora was a tomboy who preferred trains and cars! She often dresses up during nap/rest time, wearing either her princess outfits or her own dressy dresses. Here, she said she put on her knitted gloves because princesses wear gloves.

Some recent Coraisms: "Mum, does God have nipples?" and "Someone took my braveness" (when explaining why she performed poorly at her swimming lesson)
.

And, a story/Coraism: A friend on Facebook posted that her son Harvey was horrified to learn that the chicken on his plate came from a real, well, chicken. He was had tears in his eyes, threw down his fork, and said, "Let's go."
Since I was with Cora when I read this, I asked her if it made her sad that the meat we eat comes from animals. She said no, it didn't make her sad. She then asked how they kill the chickens - "With a gun? Or do they break their heads off?"

I guess we won't have a Cora-the-vegetarian phase at our house!

No comments: