Jim and JT had us over for dinner one night, where they got to know Violet and we got caught up on each others' lives.
A week later, JT and I spent a day together with Violet in Wells, a really adorable, ancient, tiny city with a cathedral and assorted other gorgeous ancient buildings, one of which is surrounded by a moat.
We lucked out that this happened to be one of the two gorgeous, sunny days on our trip. We had lunch on a pub patio - I had realized I had been in England 10 days and hadn't had any beer (ale) yet!
Then we enjoyed the sun and walked around the beautiful old buildings. The houses I'm standing near are from the 1300s, and are still private residences.
1 comment:
Yay! It was so fun seeing you. :) Well done remembering to call Wells a city, too!
Post a Comment