Friday, February 05, 2010

Some Cora tidbits

When I got Cora up from her nap, I asked, "Did you have a nice nap?"
Response: "No, but Lightning did."
****
The last two nights when I've said good-night to Cora, she's told me that I should go to bed, too. Um, thanks! I'll do that!
*****
When I'm helping Cora after she's used the toilet, for the last couple of weeks she almost always seizes the opportunity to seemingly spit on my nearby arm. However, she says she's giving me "zrbtt's," you know, when you have your mouth on someone's skin and blow.
*****
Cora impressed her parents the other night with her letter recognition. To preface this, we've worked with her on her name, and she knows those letters well, and we've read alphabet books, so she knows that "D" is for "Daddy" and "M" is for "Mummy." But we haven't made a concerted effort yet to teach her her letters, and she's not in preschool.

Long enough lead-in?
So we were eating dinner and Cora noticed the container of sour cream. She pointed out the "C" and the "O," which was great, but no surprise, since those are in her name. Then, she pointed to the first letter and said, "S."
Stace and I quickly looked up at each other, and asked Cora to read out all the letters. She proceeded to name off every letter, except for the "E."
Well done, Cora! We figure it must be from her laptop toy, which helps teach letters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes very well done Cora ,thats very clever to read those letters. we will, talk to you soon.Love you lots and big kisses from Nan and Pop. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mel said...

Wow, she is ahead of some of kindergartners, believe it or not... Good job for working with her so learning is a part of life from early on.