Wednesday, February 17, 2010

30-Week Update

I've reached 30 weeks! 10 to go! Well, nine to go, if you're reading this on Thursday.

I've not been feeling as great the last week or two as I had the prior month, but I'm still feeling pretty darn good. A bit of heartburn and frothiness here and there, and, sadly, the morning sickness has come back a bit a few evenings this week. And, like I had with Cora, hip pain when I'm in bed and need to turn over.

Still, I'd say that overall I'm feeling a lot better now than I did with Cora.

Duckie is moving a ton these days, lots of big movements that feel like she's completely turning over! According to my weekly Babycenter.com update, she is about three pounds and almost 16 inches long. So no wonder I've got this belly! I'd still say I'm carrying lower than I carried Cora, and right out in front (just like with Cora). When I sit down, I really feel my belly on my lap.

The last week, I've been feeling the Braxton-Hicks contractions, just an overall hardening of my tummy. I never noticed them with Cora, so that makes a change.

And a name story: For many months, Cora has found the following words to be hilarious, and calls them her funny words: "eggy" and "pooey sooey." At breakfast yesterday, she was being goofy, and said, "Eggy!!" and laughed. Then she said, "What if we called Duckie 'Eggy' when she comes out of your belly?" I said something to note my surprise, and then she suggested "Pooey Sooey."
This came out of the blue, as she and I had not been discussing names. So, for all of you who think it might be cute to let Cora have a say in naming Duckie, I think not.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

YOU LOOK GREAT LISA!! Great picture of you & Cora!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got on ok at the Docs Lisa, your'e so funny Cora, Love you all Love Mum and Dad xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

You look great! I had a lot more braxton hicks with #2 and started feeling them at 25 weeks with #3!!