Saturday, December 05, 2009

20 Week Update (Caution, spoiler ahead!)

Look at our little baby! We had our 20-week ultrasound Friday and this is my favorite photo - see how Ducky's sucking a thumb? You can clearly see head, arm and hand, and foot/leg here.
Here's a nice shot of the head, body and spine.
A top view - see the head, eye sockets, hands and feet? A little alien-like, but very cool nonetheless.
And another nice overall shot, with head and body. These shots are all so much better than our first u/s with this baby, and I'd say better than our ultrasounds with Cora, too. (Don't forget to click a photo to see it bigger.)

So here I am Saturday at 20 weeks, above, and at 21 weeks, below, with Cora. Not a heckuva lot of difference, in my opinion. I've been feeling Ducky moving around for a couple of weeks now, though not strongly enough for Stace or Cora to feel it yet. I didn't feel Cora move until I was 21 weeks along.
I'm generally feeling good these days. I still have morning sickness most days, but it's infrequent and mostly manageable by keeping up my eating. I won't complain! I've heard of so many women who not only have really bad sickness, like needing IVs and hospitalization because they're losing so much weight, but have that same level of sickness throughout their pregnancies.

And now, for those of you who've read this far, a little bit of excitement: We found out at our ultrasound that Cora's going to get ... a baby sister! Though a boy would have been nice, we are happy in the long run for Cora. I think same-sex siblings can have such a special relationship - I need to look no further than Stace and his brother for proof of that. And Melanie and I have a great bond too, though different, since we are nine years apart.

At this point, Cora is getting used to the idea, you could say. She wasn't all that happy when we told her this morning, and after her nap, I asked her about having a baby girl, and she insisted she was, in fact, getting a brother. Oh well. The u/s photo looked pretty clear to us, and the technician noted that "she could be wrong, but she never has been yet."

So, onward toward decorating a girly room!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

congrats soo happy for you all! I have started a bag of cloths for you! YOU LOOK GREAT LISA! xoxoxo

Frieders Fam said...

YAY! Congrats Lisa! So happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Looking at those photos reminds us of how amazing the process is as God knits us together in our mother's womb. Having a little sister just means the USA women's soccer squad can have a pair of strikers named Howard in 2027!

Grandma and Grandpa Wahla

-jt- said...

Yay, SISTERS! Sisters are awesome. Congratulations!

Stace&Lis said...

My girls won't be playing "soccer". What the hell is soccer anyway.
These women will play "football" and have three lions on their shirts.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new little girl !!!
You're looking good Lisa, and the house looks really great for Christmas.
Love to you all
Cougs & Jenny

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys....Lisa you look fab. Lots of love to you all
Claire, Callum and Florencexxx

Mark said...

Is "Ducky" a boys name or a girls name?