Monday, December 21, 2009

My Buddy Christmas party

So, if I may, I'm going to take a moment and brag about my daughter. These are the Christmas art projects she's made at her My Buddy and Me class the past few weeks, and check out this snowman!

Both the teacher, Ms. Diane, and a student teacher observing that day, remarked on how good she had done the face. I didn't help her at all.

Cora enjoyed making all her Christmas crafts, and they're helping decorate our house this week.

On Friday, we had our final My Buddy class for the fall session. All the kids got a certificate, and Cora was happy to pose with Ms. Diane.

We love her teacher! She is so friendly and welcoming, and since she has worked with Cora since March, she has done very good with drawing her out.

You who know Cora know that she isn't always friendly with other people. But, now, she always says hello to Ms. Diane, and is happy to chat with her.

At the moment, our plan is to enroll Cora in the city-run 3-year-old preschool program, especially since Ms. Diane teaches the class that meets nearest our house. That would be two days a week, two hours a day, starting in March or April.

On Friday, besides free play and art projects, the class enjoyed a little Christmas party. Here you see Cora enjoying a cupcake, by licking all the frosting off the top.

I started to encourage her to take off the paper and eat the cake, before wising up. She was happily eating her orange and string cheese, and I was going to complain that she wasn't eating the cake? Huh?

No comments: