Thursday, November 12, 2009

Catching Up

Today we had our neighbor friend Johnny over to play, while his sister Ave was at preschool. Like I've said before, Cora plays so well with both kids, and today was no exception. I turned to see them both playing in Cora's house. Hmm, I thought, a rather girly thing to be playing...
...until I saw that they had all the trains lined up inside. This evening, I made a pot roast in the crock pot, and shared half the meal with Genia's family, since Genia is going out of town tomorrow. We're going to try out sharing meals with each other, making enough for both families, once a week or every other week.

We spent part of Thursday morning at Starbucks with about a dozen moms from my MOPS group, and a number of assorted children. Thankfully, Cora was a very good girl, listening well and playing nicely.
I was most pleased with how she played with this little girl, who just turned 2 but is the same size as Cora. Cora hasn't always played well with other girls her own age, but she and Ashlynn hit it off, holding hands and running back and forth.
Cora also was entertained by these two "big boys" and their big-boy toy. Aren't they cute, huddled together?

Lastly, we wanted to share our latest Freecycle score. ALL this track, with the trains, cars, houses and trees, was offered on Freecycle, and I was lucky enough to see the post quickly and promise a prompt pickup. We had been planning to get Cora some track for Christmas, but she didn't mind an early present!

Of course, she's been busy playing with it most of the time we're home, and the morning after we picked it up, her first words when I got her out of bed were, "Is my track still there?"

No comments: