Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Full term - come on, Baby!


I'm officially 40 weeks today. The doctor said I'm still at about 2 cm dilated, and the baby's head is quite low. I started having occasional Braxton-Hicks (fake) contractions on Sunday, and they have continued intermittently. No pain, just a tightening of my belly. When she did my internal exam, the doctor also did a thing called "stripping the membrane" - basically running a finger along the bag of water to try to spur things along. She said it has a 50-50 success rate of getting labor going within 24-48 hours; I suppose it depends on how ready baby is to come anyway.

In case I'm still pregnant at the end of the week, I have an appointment set up for Friday at 2 p.m., where they will listen to Baby's heart beat for 20 minutes to make sure there is no distress at being post-term. And I'll be induced Tuesday the 13th if I haven't delivered by then.
One way or another, we'll have a baby in a week!

1 comment:

Kori and Ken Pellman said...

Hmmm, I thought for sure I'd be able to find adorable baby pictures here by now.

We confirmed Monday, using 4-D ultrasound, that we're having a girl. We already had names picked out, so now we can call her by name.

We're hoping all goes well for all three of you.

Waiting for those baby pics...