Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Cora's Homecoming


Cora and I came home from the hospital Sunday. Stace and I had a quiet day learning how to operate in our new life as a family of three - diapering, changing clothes, nursing, standing over the crib watching her sleep with tears filling our eyes. We were told many times while I was pregnant that you won't be able to believe how much you will love this brand-new little person, and that is the truth.
Our first night together was, predictably, a long one. Sleep for baby and parents came in one-hour spurts around feedings, changings, and short crying spells because Cora got her arms out of her swaddling blanket. She LOVES to be swaddled tight.















For Somer, it was not exactly love at first sight. Rather, our outgoing, talkative cat turned skittish and silent. When we first arrived home, Somer would inch toward the carrier, eyes wide and fur standing on end, and then quickly back away whenever Cora made a noise or movement. She eventually got close enough to sniff the carrier itself. After a while, she seemed more like herself and now seems to be accepting of her new friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our cats have decided to stay on the opposite side o the house as Kelsie. Poor cats. I'm sure our cats and Somer are thing "Hey, I was here first!."