Saturday, January 10, 2026

Winter Break

 Stace went back to work this week, while Violet was still off for Christmas break. Cora started a short 5-week English class to fulfill her English requirements for her AA degree. She also started her theatre class to prep for the upcoming regional college theatre festival.

We had a bit of a normal few days - cleaning, baking, taking walks. Violet is working on new stained glass projects at home, since she received the equipment for Christmas.

Violet and I took a nice walk at Whitney Canyon, where the stream was lovely.
Lots of fungi around too.

Cora worked at her old school to help build the set for the next play, and I went over to help out as I could. Basically, I can sweep and find the right screws and bolts, while Cora and Jarod do the actual work. 

Later in the week, we went to a rehearsal - Cora will be stage managing the show, and I will write a press release, so I interviewed a couple of students.

I took Violet to L.A. so we could go to the Natural History Museum's exhibit on cats. It was worth a visit, though the traffic home made us question that decision a little. 
And we met up with Colleen and Liana at a thrift store in Castaic. I took this photo for Cora, who likes old glassware.

Cora went sliding at the skatepark, and we met up for dinner at California Fish Grill. Stace couldn't meet us because he was at a brewery for a retirement party, and didn't have cell service.

On Friday, I met Kelly for coffee for my birthday, and later had lunch with other friends. Violet and I went to Quigley for a walk and were happy to see new horses in the field near the open space.

A nice, normal week!

No comments: