In the evening, Stace went to Pocock Brewery for a coworker's goodbye gathering, while I went to Hart High School to watch the musical Little Shop of Horrors, as I knew several of the kids in it.
Also this week, I had my final meeting of the West Ranch Parent Advisory Council, as the group held elections and replaced me on the board.
I processed our pumpkins and used some of the puree to make my own pumpkin spice protein latte, with vanilla protein powder. Yummy, and so good for me.
Stace and I went to a theatre performance at the church I grew up going to on Saturday night, and it was great! Very high quality production of an entertaining story, set in the late 1940s in New York City. One of the leads (in the top hat) is a radio talk show host I like listening to, so it was fun to see him in a different element.
I processed our pumpkins and used some of the puree to make my own pumpkin spice protein latte, with vanilla protein powder. Yummy, and so good for me.
Stace and I went to a theatre performance at the church I grew up going to on Saturday night, and it was great! Very high quality production of an entertaining story, set in the late 1940s in New York City. One of the leads (in the top hat) is a radio talk show host I like listening to, so it was fun to see him in a different element.
It rained all day, and Violet and Stace drove around admiring our rivers. Meanwhile, Cora had a daylong tech rehearsal for her college play.
On Sunday, Stace and I celebrated our anniversary a bit late, with a steak dinner at a local favorite. We'd waited because of Stace's dental work.
A real date!
Oh, it was delicious. Twice-baked potato, 14 ounce ribeye steak, and coconut shrimp to start.
On Sunday, Stace and I celebrated our anniversary a bit late, with a steak dinner at a local favorite. We'd waited because of Stace's dental work.
A real date!
Oh, it was delicious. Twice-baked potato, 14 ounce ribeye steak, and coconut shrimp to start.
We shared everything, and still brought a bit home.
We made sure to save enough room for dessert - a shared slice of mudpie.
We made sure to save enough room for dessert - a shared slice of mudpie.
This was a special meal; thanks to Sue and Gord for the money!
We finished the day with a family rewatching of The Princess Bride; it was kind of a perfect day for me.








No comments:
Post a Comment