As has become our routine, Melanie brought half the meal, as she loves cooking. I did the turkey and roast potatoes and desserts.
This year, I decided to spatchcock the turkey, which Aunt Patty has recommended for years. With this method, you cut out the turkey's backbone and splay it out, so the turkey cooks evenly and much faster.
Ellie helped with basting it with herbed butter.
It came out very yummy.
The roast potatoes looked perfect! I think they could have used a little more salt. I'll remember that at Christmas.
The roast potatoes looked perfect! I think they could have used a little more salt. I'll remember that at Christmas.
Ellie made place cards for everyone.
I made pumpkin crunch cake, and baked a frozen storebought apple pie.
I made pumpkin crunch cake, and baked a frozen storebought apple pie.
It was a lovely day!







No comments:
Post a Comment