Sunday, May 16, 2021

Week in Review

We had a changing of the guard, a passing of the baton, etc, etc, this past week. Mom2Mom held its third in-person meeting of the spring on Tuesday, and a special guest joined us! Melanie came to check it out, as she's looking to get involved in mommy groups after the Covid restrictions shut everything down in her first year of motherhood. 
And, I noted it was a passing of the baton... Colleen and I have decided it was our last Mom2Mom meeting. 

I've been a part of the group for 14 years, since Cora was an infant, and the time has come for me to move on. Colleen and I met and became close while we were pregnant with our younger girls, so nearly 12 year ago. I'll always be grateful for the fellowship, spiritual encouragement and great friends I made in this group! 

Later on Tuesday, both Melanie and Colleen, and all those kids, came over to swim with us.

On Thursday afternoon, I went to Mel and Nick's to babysit this sweetie. We took a nice walk, and then I gave her dinner and a bath, and put her to bed. All went well, and Melanie and Nick had a great evening out. 
On Saturday evening, we rode bikes to Firehouse Subs with Colleen and the kids to get dinner, and support a fundraiser that our friends (Firehouse owners) Jenn and Jeff were doing. 
That evening, the kids all played D&D in the new room! It worked so well, and was lovely to watch. Cora built the new bookcase in the corner all by herself; it'll hold all things D&D related.

No comments: