Sunday, July 05, 2020

Week in Review


We tried a new tropical fruit, a spiny ball called rambutan. I found them at the 99 Cent Store, a trusty provider of interesting fruits over the years that sell for four times the price at Ralphs. 

Cora cut through the spiky skin and found white flesh around a pit. It tasted a bit like a grape. Fun experience!
This week, I refinished my two bottom drawers, because a cat who shall remain nameless peed on them numerous times and destroyed the finish. You can see the one on the left after I sanded it, and the one on the right, before sanding. They're back in place now and look good again.
I was working in the yard and moved a pot, and found a blue-tailed skink underneath! I've never seen one before. Violet thought it was cool.
Friday was a holiday for Stace, since Independence Day fell on a Saturday this year. JT and Jim and the kids came out to visit. We barbecued, played in the pool, and had a fabulous dessert. JT brought homemade apple and chocolate cream pies. YUM. She is a gifted baker!
This was a Fourth of July like no other. No parade, no pancake breakfast, no fireworks. Santa Clarita was actually planning to be one of the few cities to hold a fireworks show, but planned to shut all the nearby parking lots and encouraged people to watch from home. But, because of covid, the county banned fireworks shows, and ours was cancelled.

We went to my Mom and Dad's house, and had a nice time together. We even did sparklers, and watched illegal fireworks light up the sky.

The footage from all over L.A. was hilarious - fireworks everywhere! You can ban the real shows, and the people will do what they want! The Fourth of July without fireworks, come on!?

No comments: