Friday, July 17, 2020

Tidbits


After finding two dead birds in two days, I wasn't really feeling "proud" when Spencer ran up to the house with this little guy in his mouth. I picked up the baby bird, which was still alive, but with a big blood drop under its wing. 

I wasn't expecting it to live, but it was alive, and squawking as Spence hit pawed at it gently before I took it high and away. 
Violet set it up in a little home, and we fed it banana after reading a recommendation online. In the morning, it was still alive! We kept feeding it periodically, and read up on how to care for baby mockingbirds. After weighing it, we determined it was five days old.

But, after a trip to the orthodontist, in the afternoon we found it deceased. Farewell, sweet birdie.
Cora's friend came over, and they walked to Granary Square for Starbucks and snacks to consume while watching movies.
Liana came over, too, and the girls set up the Calico Critters.

 
The four girls were watching Guardians of the Galaxy II when they shouted that a roadrunner was in our yard! That's something new. Vi said she could see red and blue on its head, like the cartoon version. I looked it up, and sure enough, it's a breeding season thing! I hurried over and just managed to see its feathers as it climbed over the wall.

No comments: