Our school held its big fundraiser, with the culminating day Monday. This year, instead of a fun run or triathlon, the students participated in acts of kindness.
Some were done at home, some at school over the weeks of the fundraiser, and most on Monday. I helped at a station where the students signed T-shirts of appreciation for the school's safety supervisors.
The students also wrote out kind, encouraging notes to their family members, and to friends.
Another station involved signing banners of appreciation for law enforcement and the fire department, and writing cards to the military.
After the fundraiser, I went out at Violet's recess and found her walking around with her girlfriends. I love little moments like this!
Kat, Violet's tall friend, came over one afternoon this week for a playdate.
Later in the week, we helped Violet's teacher celebrate her birthday by encouraging the kids to bring in handmade cards, with which we decorated her door.
And Violet had a bit of fun at our little park.






No comments:
Post a Comment