Saturday, December 22, 2018

School Christmas Parties

The girls' class holiday parties were this Friday, and I was lucky enough to help plan and prep for both.

Jen had a rather ambitious craft idea for the sixth-graders - a felt-leaved Christmas tree that involved cutting some 20 leaves per child and hot-gluing wire to the back of each leaf.

We helped out at Jen's house Thursday night, and I got home after midnight. BUT, it's their last school holiday party, so we weren't complaining.
Violet's party craft was much simpler. The kids put a couple of drops of paint into a clear plastic ornament, sealed and shook them, to create a uniquely colored bauble.
Violet made a pretty blue one - a gift for Dad.ccccc
We had the same fun snack in both classes - decorating a rice krispy treat with icing. I helped in Violet's class for the first hour of their party, and then went over to help in Cora's class.
Here's Jen describing how to create the Christmas tmrees.
Jake and Cora are playing bingo here with M&Ms - yum.
And here's Cora, starting her tree adventure.

Next year, in junior high with multiple class periods, there won't be any school parties planned by room parents, and there won't be room parents at all. So although this felt like a crazy week for me, I did my best to soak it up, as the final year. We are very blessed to have Miss Lotito as a teacher, because she is fun and supports class parties. Next stop, Valentine's Day.
Also on Friday, the sixth graders had their gift exchange party with their kindergarten buddies. I didn't get to see this happen, but Cora's teacher posted this photo on the class info-sharing site. How adorable is this pic of Cora, her buddy, and Mrs. Hawthorne? 

No comments: