While walking down to the Mandalay Bay pool area to get cocktails Thursday, I got another anniversary present when I checked my phone - I found out I won Dodger tickets in a contest from our local radio station!
Though it meant for a long day Saturday - coming home from Santa Barbara to unpack and then prepare to head to Blue Heaven on Earth - it was nice to spend be together with the girls after being away. This photo doesn't do the skyline justice, but it was a gorgeous evening in L.A., with pink and lavender making a sunset appearance.
Unfortunately, the Dodgers were still mired in a tailspin that began the last time we went to a game, two weeks prior. They were competitive in this loss, and even hit a home run, but the girls did resort to reading to entertain themselves.We rested Sunday - Cora, especially, needed the rest. After a late night at Disneyland on Friday and a late Dodger night Saturday, she slept until past 11 a.m. on Sunday!
In the evening, we went to the annual Block Party at Valencia Methodist. The girls enjoyed the water slides and the rock wall, especially.



No comments:
Post a Comment