Monday, April 03, 2017

Spring Yard Improvement

Cora had several playdates this past week, so I wanted Violet to have a friend over, too. Thankfully, Liana was free on Saturday, so after Cora's soccer game, Violet and I went and picked her up.

Not long after we got home, Cora's friend Violet asked her to come over, so I was even more glad I had planned a playdate for Violet!

Unfortunately for our Violet and Liana, much of their playdate was spent shopping with me and Stace. We started at the nursery, and then went to Walmart and Home Depot. With some free time over the weekend, we wanted to accomplish some yard work.

Later that evening, we met up with Colleen, Rigo and Lucas at the park for a picnic dinner. It was lovely!

Part one of our yard project was replacing the patio cushions. I was happy to find these; they are comfy and go well with the cushions we already had on the glider bench.

Here is the main area Stace attacked this weekend, along the wall by our bedroom slider. We took out some bushes we'd planted a few years ago that weren't doing well, and Stace tilled and amended the soil.










He then planted two camellia bushes, and my mom and Cora planted lots of little impatiens. Here's hoping it all takes and grows well! I did the mulching and some weeding.
Cora and Violet both were busy planting, too. Cora planted some new flowers near the veggie patch...
...and she also converted the toolbox she made with Pioneer Club into a planter.
So pretty!
Violet filled the wheelbarrow planter Pop made us with flowers.
I love this new area by the fairy garden.

We've made it into a bird haven, with an old birdhouse I made with my grandpa up in the corner. We keep birdseed there, and in a decorative ornament on top of the stump. The birds have been very happy; we'll get a half-dozen at a time, flitting about.

We moved the bird bath to this area, and that has become popular, too. I love watching the sparrows and towhees from my living room chair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! Love the wheelbarrow flower box and bird wall.

Uncle Bill

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Love the use of the gate as a backdrop. Makes me want to paint our house barn red
= ) Aunt P