Monday, August 29, 2016

Animal and Science Fun

While I took Cora to Hurricane Harbor on Friday after school, Violet went with Grandma and Grandpa to the Wildlife Learning Center in Sylmar. Violet loves her animals, and she had a great time.
Violet also loved the scaly skin of the Argentine Red Tegu. That is one interesting-looking lizard! It's great how the staff members bring out the animals for handling.
This adorable Ring-Tailed Lemur wanted a closer look - see his head sticking through the fence?

Meanwhile, Cora and I had fun with some of her school friends at the water park. Violet had the option of going with us, but chose the animals instead.
On Saturday afternoon, my parents decided to go to the California Science Center in L.A., and offered to take the girls along. Admission is free, and they were able to see the Space Shuttle Endeavour.

Stace and I need to make it down there, too; but on this day, we decided to have a "date afternoon" with our free hours.
Besides seeing the Endeavour and lots of other exhibits, the girls also watched an IMAX film about America's National Parks.

No comments: