Melanie requested a "vintage Disneyland" theme to her bridal shower, and planned everything out to the tiniest detail.
The decor, the food choices, the yummy drinks - all followed Melanie's inspiration.
As the Matron-of-Honor, I helped my mom throw the shower, which means I helped pay for the loveliness.
Stacey helped a lot, too, hanging the paper lanterns, setting up tables and constructing the replica Disneyland sign that Mel then painted.

I also made the Mickey Mouse rice krispy treats, with help from Mel and Cora.


We played games, ate and drank, and watched Melanie open some very generous gifts.
One of the games involved the clothing we wore. Melanie asked everyone to come in a "Disney Bound" outfit, which isn't a costume, but a way to identify as a character through color choice and accessories.
Melanie came as vintage Minnie Mouse, and her dress looks just like some images we've seen. I was Belle, with the yellow dress and red rose headband.
Since Cora and Violet are children, they just wore actual costumes. Cora wore her Ariel dress, while Violet came as Elsa (in a Cinderella dress).
Following tradition, Aunt Patty made a bouquet from the ribbons that adorned the presents (pressed through a paper plate.) Melanie will carry this bouquet at the wedding rehearsal in July.It was a very lovely day, and a little taste of the fun we'll have July 11.





No comments:
Post a Comment