I slept in my bed, but got up early to get some groceries for a special breakfast.
Eggs, pancakes and bacon were on the menu, including some long pancakes with bacon cooked inside, perfect for dipping into warm syrup. Sometimes you can get yummy ideas from Facebook/Pinterest.
Cora shared hers with Owletta the Third. Somewhere in Palm Desert (or Palm Springs), the former Owletta is making a new life, hopefully with a new set of friends.
After Cora's tears subsided, we resolved to get a new one, but couldn't find the same brown barn owl at any of the four CVS stores I tried. We did, however, find a pink version.
Cora and I worked on a back story for the color change - Owletta was painting flowers on her ceiling, kept getting paint drips on herself, and couldn't wash it off. She then jumped into the paint and rolled around, to even out the color.
After breakfast, Violet and I took a walk, up the hill into the Summit, and down through the beautiful oak-studded valley. Though I'm sad to have Cora's summer ending, I'm glad I'll be able to take my morning walks again.
When we got back, we played at our little playground for a bit, and then Stace and Cora came up with the swimming gear and surfboard.
That early on a Sunday morning, the pool was empty - perfect for Cora to work on her skills. She got much better at popping up to standing on the board.
Violet had some paddling time too, and Stace raced the girls across the length of the pool, with one paddling on the board.
After our pool fun, we had lunch, spoke to Nanny and Pop, played and tidied up.
Then, it was off to our next fun event - ice skating! The Ice Station invited back all the summer campers for a free session for their entire families.
Violet was super excited about this, and she did get better on the ice. So did Stacey. Following Cora's tutelage, I worked on skating backwards, something I'd never really tried before.
Sophia and her family came too, so we enjoyed skating together.
Such a fun afternoon! Then we were off to evening church, and later home for dinner (delicious pesto pasta with Stace's homemade pesto).
Here's a couple of videos of Cora skating during the week at camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment