Friday, August 29, 2014

Fun with friends, in pools

At the beginning of this week, the girls transformed the coffee table into a bookmark-making station. This began when Cora made several for a friend's birthday gift, and then thought she could carry on, and sell them. (While doing extra chores for money hasn't captured Cora's fancy, selling things still interests her.)

Stace and I commissioned her (an MG bookmark for Daddy, and a coffee-mug-and-hearts one for myself) and gave her some coins. 
 On Tuesday afternoon, I left Stace in charge while I went out for a meeting of the school's foundation board. I've recently been named its treasurer. Violet took the opportunity to have a little snuggly nap.
 Earlier Tuesday, Violet and I visited our friend Jen and her son Matthew. The little ones played a Star Wars video game, which was very exciting for Violet. After seeing the (first, or fourth) movie twice, she now claims to be a big fan.
 On Wednesday, while the big kids were at school, Colleen and I took our littler girls to Scooter's Jungle for play time. It was a little strange to be there without the big siblings, with our little ones, and to see that they were older than most of the children playing.
 On Wednesday night, we went to a movie night at Hurricane Harbor with my parents, a perk for Six Flags employees and their families. They were showing Muppets Most Wanted, a movie I wanted to see since we grew up during the Muppets golden age.

It was a nice night out, albeit a late one. Cora wasn't in bed until 9:30, an hour later than her normal lights-out time.
 But, Thursday was going to be a half-day, and Friday she was off school, so we thought it was worth one night of short sleep.

On Thursday, we had Sophia over for lunch and pool time. After a week or two of very temperate weather (in the 80s), the end of this week has heated back up.

Later Thursday, Stace and I went to Cora's Back to School Night, where we learned what to expect from second grade and Dr. Porter. Cora is in for a good year!

No comments: