We're getting used to seeing a different truck in their old driveway, though I still half-expect to see one of them when I'm coming home up the paseo from the pool.
When we were having mango the other day, Violet commented that Owen likes mango, and she wanted to send him some.
A couple of days later, we had a similar conversation.
Violet: "Do we have any mango? I need to cut up some mango."
Lisa: "We don’t have any mango."
Violet: "I need to cut up something for Owen."
Lisa: "We can’t send mango to Owen."
Earlier this month, Violet told me, "Yesterday, Owen heared a blue bunny, a BLUE one."
I called her a chatterbox, and she replied, "No, I'm not. I never boxed anyone!" After laughing, she added, "Ave and Johnny got their boxes on their head! They're a goofball."
Owen also shows up in Violet's dreams. Recently we heard her in the night yelling about it being "HER kitty"; in the morning she told me she dreamed Owen helped her find a red-and-white kitty toy that was hers.
And randomly, Violet told me today that she needed "a map. A map of Montana!"
Between texts, Facebook, phone calls and email, Genia and I are keeping in touch well. It's not as good as chatting over coffee and muffins after school dropoff, while Owen and Violet
It's harder for the children since they can't play together in person, but they have had a few happy phone conversations as well. (After speaking to them on the phone, Violet said, "I had a competition with Miss Genia!")
Cora's enjoyed emailing Ave and Johnny, too.
I kept our summer pretty busy to help distract us, with lots of activities and playdates with other friends. That's why we had Cora in summer camp, though in the end we probably could have kept her home and she would have enjoyed the free time. We are all so grateful for Chris and David next door; Cora and Violet love playing with them, too.
We're also thankful that Cora's off school for a full week in November; we will be heading to Montana to celebrate Thanksgiving in Billings!
No comments:
Post a Comment