On Sunday evening, we celebrated our California Christmas with my family, complete with a delicious dinner, light-looking, and gifts.
Our local newspaper does a great job highlighting the neighborhoods with beautiful Christmas light displays.
Stace and I did the classic Wakefield Court already with the girls, so on Sunday we went with Grandma and Grandpa to a new street.
- Melanie gave Cora a Tinkerbell doll with real fluttery wings, when you press the button on the back. Cute!
Cora was thrilled with her present from me and Stace - a dollhouse. Cora had been asking for a dollhouse all season, and Stace and I decided to take the plunge.
This one by Calico Critters, or the old Sylvanian Families, came with furniture, two working lights and two kitty friends.
At home on Monday, Cora spent hours getting things out and setting them up. She said over and over, "Thank you SO much for my dollhouse! I love it!"
The house has lots of tiny pieces, like forks and knives and jam jars and colored pencils and a desk with drawers that come out. Cora will keep it in her room, with the hopes that we lessen the number of times we lose things.

Violet also loves playing with the dollhouse, as you can imagine.
Here, Sebastian meets Violet's new kitty friend, a gift from Auntie Melly. It walks and makes cute noises! Our real cats weren't sure what to think.




3 comments:
We love the Wakefield lights! Ella was in love with the Calico Critters when they carried them in the toy shop in the mall near the carousel-what a great dollhouse!
We haven't done lights yet. I still have all my old Sylvanian Family animals and furniture. If only I had a daughter to pass them along to...
The lights look very pretty, glad you all had a lovely Christmas. cant wait to see you all soon, have a safe journey, we love you .Mum and Dad,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment