She is much better at walking. She still wobbles a bit here and there, but she can sometimes run a bit without falling down. Thankfully, she hasn't yet reached the point of demanding to walk on her own whenever we're out and about.
In the next two photos and video, Violet was being funny by playing with the (clean) silverware by pretending to use each piece. "Yum, mmmm, mum, mmmm," she was saying as she pretended to eat with the spoons.
I'm proud of something Violet did this morning.
Lately, I've been putting her on the toilet, on Cora's princess seat, when I can tell she needs to go No. 2. When she does so, of course, we make a big deal about it and clap and cheer. We've been doing this for a few weeks, and have had a number of successes.
Well, this morning, I could see her standing in the dining room, and it looked like maybe she needed to "go." I asked her if she needed to poo, and Violet immediately toddled off toward the bathroom. She waited until I opened the door, and then went over to the toilet, waiting for me to remove her diaper and lift her up. Sure enough, we had success! So, she is starting to understand.
I should point out that I'm NOT expecting to have her potty-trained any time soon. But I figured, why not get her used to using the toilet, while she isn't into the defiant toddler/2-year-old phase.
1 comment:
That is an amazing story about Violet waiting for you to take her potty! Good job Vi! Auntie Patty
Post a Comment