Monday, May 02, 2011

Kitchen Update 73

That big sigh of relief you heard a few days ago?

That was from me.

The me who now has a functional kitchen sink and a working dishwasher, to boot!

Stace hooked up the plumbing last week on both, and what an amazing difference it is to again be able to rinse fruit, fill the coffeemaker and drain pasta, all within the kitchen.

And, for the first time in my life, I have a new, shiny dishwasher that I plan to use regularly. Stace and I both grew up in homes where dishes were washed by hand, and we kept that going. Mainly because in our early marriage we didn't dirty enough dishes to wait to do a load, and the dishwashers in our condo and house were very old, and/or not working.

But, now, in my life as a homemaker who is usually home for three meals a day, and with two more people dirtying things, I am thrilled about this new appliance!

Another fun new appliance we hooked up - a splurge, really - is the small faucet/tap next to the main one. It dispenses filtered cold water with one lever, and near-boiling water with the other.

Stace has been busy the last few days putting in the decorative backsplash tile.

And then comes the toe kick panels at the bottom of the cabinets, and some baseboard on the small amount of exposed wall.

Then, you'll be able to hear a much louder sigh of relief, one that will echo across the States, and Atlantic Ocean and back.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah! So happy and so excited can't wait to see it!

-jt- said...

Run that dishwasher! They are heaven.

Anonymous said...

I have an excellant dishwasher ,I have had him along time, a bit on the old side, but still he has alot of life in him and i would'nt change for the world.(I call him Gord or Dad to you,:). Love to you all Mum.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.