As a reward for all of Stacey's hard work on the kitchen, we went to England!
OK, not exactly. But the timing did work out well for Stace to have a true rest after the project ended, with some time away with our family in England.

Here we are on Friday afternoon, ready for our next big trip across the pond. The girls did very well on the plane again. Cora was excited to see everybody, so excited she could barely sleep the night before. Violet had to sit on our laps, as the bassinet attachments were broken. But it went fine, all in all.

Fine, but as exhausting as ever. Cora and Violet each slept for about two hours, and not at the same time. That meant I didn't sleep a wink. Stace got a bit of shut-eye, but he needed it more than I did - he had been up most of Thursday night, having his turn with the stomach flu that went through our family last week. So much for getting a good night's sleep before our big travel day.

Sue and Gord came to pick us up, and drove the girls back to Martock. Since there wasn't room in the car, and Dean had prior weekend-vacation plans, Stace and I took the Tube into London.

We had a couple of hours to see the sights before our train trip to Somerset.

In July, it will be 10 years since my first trip to England, with JT, when she and I visited Stacey and Jim. We enjoyed a few days of sightseeing in London that trip, including a boat ride on the Thames (behind us). Fun to think about now, a decade later. If you'd have told us all then...!

Then, it was on to our train ride - as soon as I closed my eyes, I was out like a light.
We reached Somerset in about two hours, and checked into the Dean&Jen Hotel. Since they were away, we took advantage of their roomy three-bedroom house for our first two nights.
Cora sure took advantage of the sleeping arrangement - she slept through the night Saturday, on our first night in town! That's remarkable when you consider the jet lag. Violet, not so much. Saturday and Sunday, she went to bed easily at 8 p.m., but was back awake between 1 and 4 a.m. On Monday night, she slept better, after she went to bed at 10:30 p.m.
And now, dear readers, since my girls are both asleep and it's after 10 p.m. here, I'm off to bed. More blogging tomorrow, I hope.
3 comments:
The weather looks beautiful!! So glad you are all safe and having a good time. Love to Sue, Gord, Mary, Dean, Jenny and Euan!!
Chris and Paula
If you had told us then! Absolutely love the photo of just you and Stace in London! Glad it worked out for you traveling that way.
It's lovely to have them here,yes we are lucky so far with the weather.Love to you both and Melanie. love from us all.xxx
Post a Comment