Friday, October 08, 2010

Great job, Stace!

Stace was busy over the weekend finishing up some house projects.

Violet's room is now fit for a baby girl. Stace put up a wallpaper border, painted the fan blades sage green and hung some pictures.

Above the changing table is a beautiful verse from the Velveteen Rabbit, a gift made by our friend David on his letter press machine.

On the other wall we have up our scroll from the county celebrating Violet's birth - a lovely surprise gift since I haven't worked covering the county for 3 1/2 years now.

(Yes, Violet's middle name isn't quite right, but I think it's beautiful just the same.)

Stace was also busy over the weekend putting up curtains in the playroom. They are thermal curtains, so they should help during our heat waves and cold spells since that room isn't well insulated.

I took a closeup photo to show the pattern - I think they look really nice with my grandparents' couch.

And, one last brag on Stace.

(drumroll...)

He is the new supervisor of the manufacturing engineers! His promotion was announced a week ago and took effect Monday. I'm so proud of him; he's very effective in his job and it's great to have that noticed.

1 comment:

Ms. Delaney said...

So cute! I love the pink wallpaper. Love, Cousin Elizabeth