Friday, July 02, 2010

Sisters!


Here are the sisters, each at two months.

I know they're related, but I sure don't see a lot of facial similarities. Very different hairlines, eyes, face shapes, mouths and coloring. Maybe the same nose, and they do have the same pixie ears, but that's about it. Oh, and they are both beautiful!

Violet now enjoys sitting in the bouncer and is entertained by the musical fish display.

Here are some photos of our two girls.

In the changing table photo, Cora and Violet are playing with a fish-on-a-pole (cat toy). Cora opened Violet's fingers to help her grasp the pole.

Cora continues to be an amazing big sister to her Violet. She still likes to help, likes having Violet in her bed with her, and loves to try to play with her. Cora still gets excited when Violet looks directly at her, and she loves to try to make her smile. It's great to watch them together.

I can relate to Cora's big sisterly excitement, as I well remember going to school with an "It's a Girl!" sticker on my forehead when Melanie was born. (I was nine, give me a break!)

It's fun to think about how Cora and Violet's relationship will develop, and how different they might turn out, and again I'm thinking of me and Mel.

You would hardly guess us to be sisters, based on our looks or our interests, but we love each other dearly and share a bond that can't be broken. I pray that Cora and Violet also will be blessed to share that kind of bond. I know, based on other family relationships, that it's not automatic or a "given."

Violet and Cora do seem to be off to a great start!

3 comments:

Frieders Fam said...

Great post! You're right...they don't look that much alike, but they sure are beautiful girls! Can't believe how big Violet is getting!

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest post ever. I'll admit it's passed my mind a couple time whether or not your two gorgeous girls will split the personality preferences like you and I have. But we balance each other out so well. I LOVE YOU my little big sister.

-Melanie

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics Lisa,i agree they do look different in thier looks and probably they will have different personality's but as you say they will always have that bond that you and mel has ,like Stace and Dean have wherever they are near or far . Love as always to all of you big kiss for Cora and Violet 2 beautiful girls, Mum and Dad xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx