Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fun stuff

Check out those baby blues!

A few shots from last week...

Jamba Juice had several offerings for just $1 on Wednesday, so we all had one. Cora enjoyed hers, two-fisted.

Violet thought it was a bit too cold, though.

On Thursday, my mom and I took the girls to the Burbank mall to find Cora a dress for an upcoming wedding. Cora will be the flower girl for Auntie Kelly's sister, Casey.

Here you see Cora running off some steam after she was a good girl during the dress hunt.

Cora, as you know, is not the girliest of girls and I wasn't sure how she'd handle trying on lots of dresses. That morning, I mentioned her being my princess (in jest), and she firmly stated she was not a princess. She is Mowgli.

To prep her, I got out our wedding album to show her our flower girls, Noelle and Mikayla. It was a good idea; Cora understood her role better.
Looking at the big family shot from our wedding, Cora immediately pointed to my grandma and said, "Who's that?"

I told her it was my grandma, and how I wished they could have met each other - through sobs. I really didn't expect the emotions to hit me like that. I hadn't considered the fact that we'd see that photo, and that Cora is mature enough to recognize my dear grandma as someone she didn't know.
Cora wanted to know why I was crying, and then asked where my grandma was. I told her in Heaven, so Cora said, "In Heaven, with God? That's good!"
Leave it to my three-year-old to give me the spiritual comfort I needed at that moment. Yes, Cora, it is good, and we will see her again, thank you Jesus!

On Thursday evening, we went to Scooter's Jungle. You can see our brave little girl in the video here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What lovely blue eyes Violet, and Cora you look beautiful in that dress you will make a lovely flower girl,( not sure about the hat though ) Ha ha. Loved the vidio clip not sure if you enjoyed it or not but anyway well done . Love you all ,Big kisses for you both from Nan and Pop.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Yes, Sweetheart, I miss your Grandma too! Thankfully, we have the little ones to give us the perspective that we sometimes lose in adulthood.
Nice pictures and postings! Love,
Dad

mel said...

Very cute dress!