Sunday, May 24, 2009

Family Time

Daddy's here!
Cora gave Stace a very warm greeting when Dean and I brought him to Nanny and Pop's house from Heathrow on Friday evening. It was super sweet, and the next morning she kept speaking to him, with "Daddy this" and "Daddy that." It was especially gratifying since she hasn't been through much of a "daddy's girl" phase yet.

Saturday was a family day.
We spent several hours at Nan's house, enjoying a break of brilliant weather that Stace was smart enough to pack in his suitcase.

While it was rainy and cold for a good part of my first few days here, it's been pleasant and sunny since Stace arrived.

Stace and I took Cora to Ham Hill, Stace's favorite country park to run around. The views are stunning, especially on a day like Saturday. It was great bringing Cora here now that she can run around and pick wildflowers, which were plentiful and oh-so-varied.

We went out for a meal in the evening, at the same pub/restaurant we went to for my birthday a few months ago. Cora was a very good girl, and passed out kisses to a couple of her favorite men.

In the week we've been apart from Stace, he thinks her speaking has improved even more. Two notes: last night when I was putting Cora to bed, she was repeating, "I wanna sleep mummy's bed!" She then stopped, and started saying, "I wanna sleep your bed." This might be the first time I've heard her using that word properly.

And, an amusing story. When she uses her potty successfully, I've been saying how happy I am about it, and how happy Daddy is, and she will repeat those sentiments, and add in that she is also "so happy." Well, Nanny and Pop's house backs onto fields - they live in farm country - and Cora loves looking at the young cows when they are grazing in the field.
So the other night, when I said how happy I was about her using the potty, she started in with: "Nanny so happy?" (Yes, Nanny is very happy!) "Pop so happy?" (Yes, Pop is very happy, too!) "Daddy so happy?" (Yes! Definitely!) "Cows so happy?"
(Hmmm. Not sure the cows care one way or another where you poo...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma and Grandpa Wahla, and Jake, are happy, too!

Michelle said...

LOL Love that things are going "soo happy" over there!! We miss you here !!