Sunday, April 13, 2008

We're back in England!

This time, Cora's behavior on the plane was a big answer to my prayers. She was an angel! We took the earlier flight, which left about 6 p.m. instead of 9 p.m., and there was enough room on the flight that she was able to have a spare seat in between us. She read her books and the in-flight magazines, she played with the blankets and pillows, she enjoyed her dinner, and she even slept for about 3 1/2 hours. Amazing! What an incredible difference from our flights at Christmas time.
Before boarding the plane, Cora had a lot of fun crawling all over the place and practicing her walking.
You might have noticed that we didn't mention this trip on the blog while we were getting ready to fly. That's because my dear friend JT didn't know we were coming. I kept it from her to surprise her for her 30th birthday Saturday. I think she enjoyed her surprise; I know I enjoyed the yummy Indian food she cooked up for her birthday meal. We've been friends for 10 years now, hard to believe.
Cora liked playing on the stairs, a new treat for her. But while I held her hands, she hurt her leg as she was stepping down on Friday afternoon. We've debated taking her to the doctors, but it seems like she is OK. She won't put weight on that leg, but she seems happy enough otherwise and is crawling all over the place. No swelling or redness; she just won't stand up on it. I've been giving her infant pain reliever to ease any pain she might be in. She's teething anyway, so the medicine will certainly help with that.
Here she is last night, about a half hour after I put her down for the night. She had been sitting up, playing, and then obviously just fell asleep leaning forward into the blanket. On Saturday night, our third night here, she slept from 11:30 to about 6:30 - thank the Lord! Hopefully we're on track now for a nice, normal two weeks of sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And a lovely surprise it was, too!